Thursday, November 26, 2009

Little sewing project I

Sewing
Sewing
It is such November weather outside.
Dark at 4.30pm, rainy and cold. But it is great weather to get the sewing machine out and to start making little presents for Christmas.
I did this sewing class early this year as my skills became a bit rusty over the years. It was really fun and I couldn't believe that in the end of the course I would be able to hold a finished skirt with a zipper in my hands - oh and it even fits. I can only imagine that a course with this lovely lady as a teacher would be simply amazing too.
Anyways, ever since this course I pretty much stick to the formats: squares or rectangles - and so I did tonight. I made this little bag for my sister while listening to "Do Make Say Think" which is pretty relaxing music especially when the zipper is making slightly little problems : )

Just a couple more weeks left to create a few more rectangles or squares made out of fabric : )
Time is really flying ...I can sort of still feel the sand between my toes of the time when we were at the Baltic Sea late September...

Happy Wednesday to everyone.
Maria

5 comments :

that kate said...

Im jealous of your sewing skills. Looks wonderful. Great colours!

Dotti said...

Du hast mich! Ich mache auch bald einen Nähkurs. Mein dilettantisches Rumgewurschtel reicht mir nämlich, wenn ich deine feinen Nähte sehe...
Die Liebsten, Dotti

Marion said...

Oh this is so cute. Handmade presents ! I wish I could sew...
I'm not good at that...
lovely day to you !

Kasa said...

Yes, if it just wouldn't get dark so early... But you're right, it's the perfect weather for crafting and sewing. It's been a long time since I sewed the last thing and there are so many lovely fabrics waiting. I really like your dotted fabric - it's so timeless...

●• Thereza said...

awww it looks lovely! i'm going for lessons too hehehe
what a nice blog you have here, i'll be adding you to my link list as soon as i get round to updating it so i don't forget to check out what ypu're up to :)