Wednesday, August 31, 2011

Rhubarb

Rhubarb
Rhubarb
Rhubarb
Rhubarb compote

I love rhubarb! Rhubarb juice, compote or any sorts of cakes, it is such a great vegetable and I can't get enough of it. On the weekend we walked over the markets and thought why not making some rhubarb compote for our breakfast for this week. And so I did. Just peeled the stalks, chopped them into small pieces, got the juice of one blood orange and 2 tea spoons of raw sugar and cooked it for 15 minutes.

I hope you are all having a great week so far.

I can't believe it is September tomorrow already!

links:
The most beautiful house I have seen in a while here
Frankie is launching their beautiful looking new boy's magazine 'Smith' next week

13 comments :

Anna Emilia said...

Something that we can eat together with cups of tea (:

From a few weeks back at home, I still have a few branches of rhubarb. I will eat them today for a coffee break.

Last day of August and the rain came like it was ordered to finish the summer. Enjoying the sound of it, so much.

Have a good day dear Maria. Or better, good night to Sydney!

Belinda said...

I want to love rhubarb, but we have a bit of a love/hate relationship. I think it is because it looks a bit like celery, which I don't like! Crazy, I know. Maybe I just need some of your compote to push me over the line! It certainly looks good in these photos.

I'm a bit excited about smith journal. I think I might like it more than Frankie. It looks fun in a bit of a manly way.

Lina | dasmaedchenmitdenlocken said...

tolle tolle bilder von einem tollen obst!

amy said...

rhubarb is one of my most favourite things, especially when stewed with apple.
(can't wait to see smith!)

* HOPSCOTCH * ~ Charlyn said...

I've never cooked rhubarb before, but you've inspired me I say!

What a wonderful breakfast! Mmmmm....

celine said...

yum! that looks/sounds delicious!

Hannah said...

yummmy! If only I had enough time in the morning, perhaps I'll make it this weekend though :)
Hannah xo

fifi said...

me and my baby LOVE rhubarb in ANY form! and gingham too as a matter of fact!

jana said...

Ich liebe Rhabarber! Gibt es hier leider nicht...angeblich zu warm, aber wenn er in Australien wächst, müsste es hier doch auch klappen?!
sehr schöne Fotos ausserdem!!

Pingos do Céu said...

Beautiful photos!

P R I M O E Z A said...

rhubarb and blood orange - two of my favourites :)

MANDY said...

I'm going to make that for sure ...
loving that house too, have a great weekend Maria XXX

Ida/FarEastLogbook said...

YUM!